Sunday, October 21, 2007

Manhattan Beach

Rounding out our California trip was a stay at Michelle's aunt and uncle in Manhattan Beach. We purposely didn't plan too much so that we could take in the beach:


go for a bike ride up to Marina del Rey:


And a little shopping and eating at The Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, that I had talked about last year on our visit there.

What was interesting about this time was that I bought the coolest action figure ever at a toy store called the Puzzle Zoo:


'Nuff said. I will be the envy of all the nerd kids on my block. Worship me. I almost bought this following set just for the reaction that I would get from Scott. It's basically all his favorite people: Lenin, Che Guevara, Malcolm X, Ghandi, Mao Zedung. Sorry, Scott, no Von Mises action figures.

3 comments:

Laura said...

There's something ironic about Communist revolutionary leaders being trivialized in cheap plastic bobbleheads to feed the consumer machine, isn't there?

That looks like a great beach!

dbackdad said...

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a Jesus action figure ... and I refuse to go in to Wal-Mart to get one.

For being L.A., Manhattan Beach ain't bad. Pricey for my blood, but don't cost nuthin' when you stay with relatives. We had a really nice time all around.

Laura said...

Who needs Walmart - they're all over the web. Just google "Jesus Action Figure"...